Thursday, June 9, 2011

Confession... from last October!!

A Confession... 7 months in the making...

My name is Sharon and I'm an addict. My last binge was Friday. I'm addicted to food. Dr. Ian Smith says that people over estimate how physically active they are and under estimate how much they eat. I completely agree. I have gained 20 pounds back! 20!! (Please note that if you're generally willing to to admit 20 its typically more.) When I'm eating responsibly I'm aware of every second of the day as well as every moment that I want food. My strongest cravings are at 10am and 3:30pm. It's so strong that I don't even trust myself to drive pass any food joints! If I even look towards KFC at 3:30... It's like I black out and wake up with crumbs on my shirt! "Number 1 combo, two thighs and a serria mist with no ice." It's Horrible! AND did you know you can have breakfast at Sonic all day long!! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day... ALL DAY LONG!! So in light of my new recommittment to not avoiding the hard stuff I'm signing up for 14 days of discipline. For 14 days I'm committing to avoid all fast food, exercise twice daily, and weigh-in daily.  I plan to blog about my progress and post at the end of the two weeks.

Day 1- hide in the house most of the day... didn't trust myself to leave and not end up in line...

Day 2- busy day... not nearly as hungry as the day before.

Day 3- back to school... already nervous

I've been watching House. On a recent episode there was a lady that had a gastric bypass surgery that went wrong. In order to be get better she would have had to reverse the surgery and go back to a carb inclusion diet. She refused and House said, " At least she's being honest, most people wouldn't admit that they care more about feeling pretty than being healthy." I stand guilty. I do want to be healthy, but I think I view them as one in the same. I think healthy people are pretty people, but that doesn't make them happy people. I have slowly embraced the idea that unhealthy people can't be happy people.  My instincts tell me "you can't say that", but... I think I can. I've never meet an average person that was "happy fat" I don't believe in "happy fat" I'm not miserable in my own skin, but give me a break! We spend so much of our time hiding that we can miss it and avoid feelings of depression and inferiority. I'm in pursuit of pretty. I want to see the after shot. I want to be the biggest loser. Its like another person living on the inside and even appearing in the mirror that no one else can see. With that being said... I don't have low self esteem, but I also don't put myself in any situation that could highlight my unpretty.

Fast forward 7 months later...

It's been 7 months since my last post. And I have no idea how those 14 days of discipline ended! Another confession... I'm a bad blogger too!  Here's the good news: I did drop those 20 pounds I had gained and dropped an additional 15! I'm currently weighing in at my lightest weight in years! I wanted to write because I still have something to say. I'll post another blog later this week... or in 7 months. Stay Tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment